News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

No alerts

Started by Bigguy, November 25, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Ok, so one more problem I am having. I updated my site on the 13 of Nov. Before that notifications/alerts were working. Now they are not. I thought the problem may have been EhPortal so I uninstalled it for 5 hours or so. Still no alerts. The mods I have installed are in the attached image. There have never been any problems before with just these installed. (its all that is ever installed)

There are no errors in the logs. I have preformed all site maintenance and uninstalled a mod I though may be the problem. I still get notified if there is an error or if a new member signs up but nothing from the boards at all. No alerts for new topics or replies or anything like that. I have noticed this same behavior on another site. I am not sure when he updated though. I even checked browser settings and all is fine there.

So in summary. Everything worked before the 13th and then I updated and installed mods and played with the css like I normally do. Alerts stopped. No errors about it in the logs or anything. It just don't work.
The only things for code edits I have done was the go up link in the footer and all other changes were to the css other than what mods changed.
I hope I have answered all the questions that need be answered. I also hope this is just a problem on my site and not in 2.1   

albertlast

Well beside of ehportal none of this mods are designed for 2.1 beta 4 i guess.
So that you forums is working somehow is a mircale.

Arantor

Alerts was changed on Nov 13...

Bigguy

Quote from: albertlast on November 25, 2018, 02:14:31 PM
Well beside of ehportal none of this mods are designed for 2.1 beta 4 i guess.
So that you forums is working somehow is a mircale.

All of them install fine other than users online.

Quote from: Arantor on November 25, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

Doesn't look like it was a good change, lol.

Arantor

Installing fine is not a guarantee of working. I could easily write mods for 1.1 that would install on 2.1 but would blow it up if actually installed... though most 2.0 mods *should* work.

Bigguy

Users online had to have an edit done and I had to put the articles.png were it was supposed to be but other than that they installed and work as they should.

Oldiesmann

That would explain why alerts seem to be working properly on the forum I upgraded on November 2nd but not the one I upgraded on the 16th. Also, I've never gotten browser alerts on either forum despite telling Chrome to allow those sites to send me alerts.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Bigguy

I have allowed all through my browser for permissions and all that. I use FF and test in Edge. Neither one of them give alerts till I refresh the page, never have. What ever happened on the 13th broke the alerts as far as I can tell.

Illori

then this should be reported on github if it has not already so the devs can fix it.

Bigguy

I was going to report it but after Arantor said this I figured the Devs were working on it. I made this topic to report it but figured people already knew.

Quote from: Arantor on November 25, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

Arantor

No, I was confirming that it had changed on that day, supporting your theory that it had broken.

Bigguy

I wasn't blaming you, just saying that after that comment I decided not to as I thought it was being worked on. I will open an issue now.

Bigguy

Advertisement: