News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Big mistake

Started by Ronald_1938, November 26, 2018, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_1938

I opened a new domain name, got it. So I used softaculous to install a smf 2.0.15 forum for this new domain..

As I was installing this a error page appeared with a list, not thinking I click over ride, and it did right over my active forum. But the funny part was I had my new domain as the one for the forum to be installed.

Now my active forum is down and when I click the link to open the forum the new forum appears..

Any help in getting this back to normal would be greatly appreciated..

Ron..

drewactual

perhaps you pointed your 'old' forum to the 'new' location inadvertently?   ..... download and run 'repair_settings.php' in your 'old' forum location and recover it... 

Illori

does your host have a backup they can restore?

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Illori on November 26, 2018, 02:30:41 PM
does your host have a backup they can restore?

Host doesn't save backups..

I have backups myself. But have never installed a backup, have no clue.

Thanks
Ron.

Kindred

yet another reason why you should never user those autoinstallers....

if your new domain is on the same host/server as your old domain -- it's no surprise that it overwrote.
Your ONLY option is to restore a backup and configure your new forum to use a different database in the future.
Talk to your host about how to do that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ronald_1938

Thanks for the help.. Have now asked the Host to help.

Ron.

Deaks

Quote from: Kindred on November 26, 2018, 02:44:18 PM
Your ONLY option is to restore a backup and configure your new forum to use a different database in the future.

not quite i fixed it with 10 minutes or so, just doing a tidy up of the files now as their are multiple duplicates over 2 folders, all I did was fix the Settings.php and fix the links using repair_settings
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: