notify dormant accounts/users

Started by drewactual, November 29, 2018, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

I don't know if this has been done and if it has i couldn't find it... seems like it would be something others have thought of...

anyway....

let's say a user altered their notifications to stop receiving emails upon response to a thread they've participated in... good for them, right? no problem... however, what if someone comes and pulls a Lazarus and responds to their post say, a year after their last login...

is there a way to alter ONLY dormant account's settings in one fell swoop where that switch turning off email notification is turned back on?

.... and if so, how expensive a lookup are we talking about? seems like it would be a costly one... maybe a separate script that can be run weekly/monthly by moderators or admin targeting only members who fit this criteria? 

thoughts?   

and this is more about socializing the concept than requesting anything...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

In many countries now what you are suggesting would be considered illegal spamming. Their opt out should be respected.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

drewactual

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Kinda thought you hadn't. I do understand the "need", but just thought I'd point out that many might not like it.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: