can someone help me Did you

Started by Seyit replikacep.com, December 01, 2018, 09:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seyit replikacep.com

Quote from: Kindred on December 01, 2018, 08:33:05 PM
Except that you are even starting from the wrong concept.

Why would you include fontawesome directly as a fileset?
One of the entire comments behind things like web fonts, jquery, and bootstrap is that they are maintained and updated by the authors ON THE WEB and for everyone to be using the same core.
By forcing a specific set / version of the font css to be installed in a sb sub sub folder, you have bypassed the entire strength of the system.

In short...   you need some further primers on basic coding skills... and submitting mods for us to correct your (many) coding mistakes is not the correct way to do things.

no error when I send    a different package sent for approval already   :-[

I did this for myself. me special  :)

I'm gagret to learn coding   :o

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4194

You can review the mode I sent
I think it's a necessary mode for the smf system especially for wahatsapp

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Arantor on December 02, 2018, 06:11:23 AM
Actually there as perfectly good reasons for not including third party dependencies by trust,  not least of which is that at any time they can just go away.

It's also not unheard of that software (including SMF) gets installed on intranets with no external support in users' browsers. In this particular case, it wouldn't be helpful but in general, the line between bundling all your dependencies vs relying on third parties not to screw up is way more blurred than people realise.

It's why I refuse to touch anything involving npm at work, and grudgingly tolerate Composer.
Indeed. One of the only things I ever include as a third party is fonts, which firstly are unlikely to be changed (the resource being updated is not always desirable), and second, are not important enough that it breaks anything if they are missing.  Even in that case sometimes it's better to just use the files locally, and some font use IS important depending on the situation.

@replikacep: We won't make exceptions, your code needs to work and conform to the guidelines as already requested for your mod.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Seyit replikacep.com

The sent mode was sent according to the requested rules

I didn't expect this location to draw attention. :)

Seyit replikacep.com

Quote from: Arantor on December 01, 2018, 05:19:26 PM
But it won't work, and as such it would never pass the code review of the customisation team.

global $settings;
loadCSSFile('font-awesome.min.css');
template_css();
echo'<link url="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">';

I solved the problem in this way    is it now approved

Gwenwyfar

That fixes one problem and adds two more, so no, it doesn't really help.

And you should know from our reply to you that this wasn't the only problem with your mod. You should consider going through some coding tutorials and guides before trying to submit a new mod.

I'm locking this as there is nothing else left to be discussed about your mod. Feel free to open a new topic if you want to continue discussing about code-related issues.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Kindred

Also, the code review process is intended to check and correct (hopefully minor) issues...    not to teach you programming.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: