News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

CHAT SMF

Started by mane321, December 02, 2018, 08:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mane321

I'm looking for a Chat type for my SMF forum, but I wanted a chat where it is not netsario send pm, type if you are logged in can talk to people privately, without the urge to keep sending message, there is some kind of SMF CHAT available for use?

Arantor

There are several plugins that might do what you want, but none of them will ever become part of the core of SMF.

You might try SA Chat first.

mane321

efk

SA Chat is known for eating resources, so be sure often to go to SA Chat settings/Maintenance and use purge messages and clear cache at least once per week. Better don't use Chat if you are using some basic hosting with low resources. From my experience, try with smfpacks shoutbox as public chat on your forum and if you are using simple portal use their shoutbox for private, between admins and moderators discussions. Also with simple portal you can have more than 1 shoutbox on different locations and available for chosen membergroups. Also this might be from help.
But best tool and solution in your case would be discord as main place for private and public chatting, and 1 public shoutbox to increase activities between members on your forum.

Biology Forums

Our forum uses AJAX Chat. It's pretty good after some modifications though. For example, for sound effects to work, you'll need to manually change the code as it hasn't been updated for a while.

Advertisement: