News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How do I activate Google reCAPATCHA on my website?

Started by Alojin, January 07, 2019, 04:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alojin

I want to use recaptcha on my website and I have downloaded the zip, but how do I install it?

Alojin

Thank you!

How can I import the code from Google reCAPATCHA? It says it's HTML, but the files is .php. Will that work? When I try I only get error messages.

Shambles

The Package Manager should handle all aspects of the installation for you. Point the Package Manager at the zip file you downloaded.

If by "error messages" you mean the Package Manager reported that it couldn't install it, see

How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

and

Manual Installation of Mods

Alojin

Yes, but don't I need to connect it to Google? I have to import a little code  into the website I want the capatcha to be on.

Shambles

Alojin

I've tried that one, but when I Press "install now" (only 3 of the parts is installed) the website just loads forever. No extension blocking it or whatever. I cannot see any new features in the "anti-spam" section either. Please see the picture attached.

Shambles

^^ Check your error log.

I recommend staying with the mod as it's proven very useful and easy to manage for v2 reCaptcha.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.880

Advertisement: