News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

photos not seen by all members

Started by rollingrock, December 11, 2018, 09:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollingrock

Hello

We are running 2.0.7.   Some users are not able to see photos when using in img button.     We are also using Taptatalk but not every member has it installed and usually post threads in forum with ease in the past.  Running in to issues, some can see them and some cannot.   

Sample photo, wondering if it can be seen here.   

Illori

rollingrock

Quote from: Illori on December 11, 2018, 09:52:39 AM
upgrade to 2.0.15 and try again.

Thanks

Kind of what I was thinking anyone was going to say but we have a lot of mods installed...simple portal, SMF Gallery Pro etc..

I am the admin and owner for the site but not too techie so jumping all the way to toe 2.0.15 makes me very nervous.   

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rollingrock

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2018, 10:59:11 AM
so, use the PATCHES instead of a full upgrade.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

UGH, as expected, I got all the way to 2.0.14 and my forum is down now, any ideas? 

Kindred

please describe "down"?

Also, hopefully you took a backup before you started patching?

What version of php are you running?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rollingrock

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2018, 11:46:48 AM
please describe "down"?

Also, hopefully you took a backup before you started patching?

What version of php are you running?

no i didn't take a back up.   The patching was working so smoothly until .14 now, it is down.  I cannot get repair_settings to work either

Kindred

ok... 

first, once again, please describe what "down" means?
What is your forum URL?

second, what version of php is your server running?
Слaва
Украинi

rollingrock

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2018, 11:59:17 AM
ok... 

first, once again, please describe what "down" means?
What is your forum URL?

second, what version of php is your server running?

Error, I get is this page isn't working .  URL . is http://www.thedetailerscafe.com/smf/index.php?action=forum

Not sure what version my php is,    does this make sense . Version information: 4.8.3

Or

cpsrvd 11.76.0.12
Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73
PHP extension: mysqliDocumentation curlDocumentation mbstringDocumentation
PHP version: 7.2.7

Kindred

ok...

So...   it's a white screen. That indicates a server side error.

This should generate a log.
Usually, a file called error.log, errorlog. or something similar.

no, 4.8.3 does not make sense.. but neither does 7.2.7

SMF 2.0.14/15 requires 5.4 to 7.1 -- I recommend 5.6 for now and possibly 7.0 or 7.1 once everything stabilizes.

on a slightly related note..  ALWAYS take a backup before each and every mod or patch.
If all else fails, you might be able to ask your host to restore last night's backup (assuming the host does nightly backups)
Слaва
Украинi

rollingrock

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2018, 12:12:56 PM
ok...

SMF 2.0.14/15 requires 5.4 to 7.1 -- I recommend 5.6 for now and possibly 7.0 or 7.1 once everything stabilizes.

on a slightly related note..  ALWAYS take a backup before each and every mod or patch.
If all else fails, you might be able to ask your host to restore last night's backup (assuming the host does nightly backups)

Where do i look for the error log to speak of?  In the php? 

rollingrock

I have about 1K of this error

[11-Dec-2018 10:32:07 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/thedetai/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php on line 142
and a hand full of this error

[11-Dec-2018 10:51:37 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in /home/thedetai/public_html/smf/repair_settings.php on line 368

rollingrock

BTW, looks like my PHP is version    5.6.23

rollingrock

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2018, 12:12:56 PM
ok...

My host upgraded our PHP to 5.6 .     SMF version 2.0.14 is now back and operational but I have goofy emjoi's all over the place.   Anyway to fix that?

site is here .  http://www.thedetailerscafe.com/smf/index.php

Kindred

looks like you have some sort of badly written replacement script...

either you picked a common thing like <space><space> or something along those lines for the wavey smiley, or you have something else doing replacements
Слaва
Украинi

rollingrock

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2018, 01:10:58 PM
looks like you have some sort of badly written replacement script...

either you picked a common thing like <space><space> or something along those lines for the wavey smiley, or you have something else doing replacements

Yeah it was a rogue one with no command line so I changed that and upgraded to 2.0.15....all good and thanks for your help today. 

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: