News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Picture next to the topic

Started by bharat, December 12, 2018, 03:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

Is it possible to add a little image next to the subject of the topic?

Arantor

You mean like the next to the subject of the post here? Default SMF feature, configured from the Smileys and Message Icons area.

Though your theme may hide it, I don't know.

bharat

That's what I mean, I want to add a little image next to the subject. I use default theme, didn't find anything in Smileys and Message Icons area.

Arantor

Considering that these are literally the Message Icons, I suspect you need to go to the settings page and tick "enable customised message icons" and hit save.

bharat

This button is ticked already, I just checked it.

bharat

Should I first add these icons to the smilies and then copy the address?

Arantor

No, because they're two things under one area. If you have ticked the enable customised message icons (as opposed to smileys) there should be an area in there to manage message icons now.

bharat

I can see Edit Message Icons and I can add a new icon but it will be visible not next to the subject.

Arantor

Link to forum? Example where it doesn't show up?

bharat

Here is the link: http://www.forum.bharatconnect.net

And here is the topic where it doesn't show up: http://www.forum.bharatconnect.net/index.php?topic=11362.0

Somehow I can see the image only from my phone but not from the computer.

Arantor

Well, I can't see the topic you mentioned, I get a security rule error.

And you were incorrect about the default theme, your theme is not the default. But I went to the list of topics and I see the message icons in there, just fine. I can't see any actual topics because you've made it so I'd have to register, which I don't want to do, especially as I don't use whatever language you use.

bharat

Please check the attachment, I can see only No next to the name of the subject but there should be a flag instead. Anyway can you please explain me how to add a little images next to the subject?

Kindred

Bharat...

he *DID* explain... several times.
and the icons are there when I view your site...

http://www.forum.bharatconnect.net/index.php?board=7.0
I see one column of participation icons and one column of message icons.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

I just want to ask to I need to add icons first or there is a code which I need to add next to the message?

bharat

By the way can you see any image next to the attachment I posted earlier?

Kindred

I do not think that you are actually reading what was written.

Assuming your theme supports the icons in the first place, and you have turned on the custom message icons feature, then all you to do is to add the icons in the admin tool.

And I have no idea what you are talking about
Quote from: bharat on December 12, 2018, 08:50:57 AM
By the way can you see any image next to the attachment I posted earlier?
I see the attachment. yes.
I see the icons when I go to your site. e.g. the link that I included shows the icons.

If YOU are not seeing icons, then it's a problem with your computer, not the forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

I do see all icons on the forum, I just don't see a little flag next to the subject in the attachment. I can see it only from my phone.

Kindred

again.... if you see it on one device and not the other, chances are your problem is actually your device.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

How about you screenshot what your phone shows you and what your browser shows you (full screen) so we can see what you're seeing?

bharat

I see the flag next to the name of the topic from my phone, you can see it in attachment.

Advertisement: