I have my new forum discussion

Started by emmamillathompson, December 14, 2018, 02:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmamillathompson

Can anyone tell me HOW BEST to advertise a community of interests
thanks

vbgamer45

Tell friends, post on other sides, advertise facebook, adwords.
Build good content.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

landyvlad

I suggest you read through some of the other threads in this Building Your Community and other Forum Advice section.

There's a lot of good info scattered around the place.

Is this a new or existing forum/community?

* Ensure you have a quality/reliable/interested hosting provider.  IMHO that excludes godaddy, hostgator.and the like.  Avoid free hosts, there is ALWAYS a catch.
There is a sub forum dedicated to hosting.

* Leverage the things that forums are good at, and facebook is terrible at.
An example - technical information / content etc.  Quickly gets lost on FB but readily available via a forum type of setup.

* Build an active community even starting with a few friends.

* Don't make dummy posts (eg make up a bunch of member names and talk to yourself) and especially don't pay for anyone else to do this for you.

* Don't seek payment from members/prospective members  unless or until you have a solid membership base of active posters.

* Similarly don't have advertising on a new / small forum.

Once you have an operating forum (as per above) then you can invite visitors from relevant facebook groups to come and check your site out.  You could start a 'page' (not group) on facebook with the same name as your community and provide a link to the forum.  That way to can share (that is announce) updates through the page and share with your friends or in other groups easily.

Hope this helps :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

mujji

Quote from: emmamillathompson on December 14, 2018, 02:52:24 AM
Can anyone tell me HOW BEST to advertise a community of interests
thanks

The best way to do this is advertised more and more. Share in WhatsApp groups, on social media. if you can afford paid marketing than Google ads, social media boosting is also the best solutions for you.

Advertisement: