News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Center alignment doesn't work on Toggle View

Started by Arskrigitsioniets, December 14, 2018, 02:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arskrigitsioniets

In Toggle View center alignment doesn't work. I'm always getting this code (see attachment) when I press center in Toggle View and then post a message/turn off the Toggle View. The same bug I see even on this forum  :D Is there any decision for it?

Kindred

yeah....  the solution is - don't use the wysiwyg in 2.0

it's got so many bugs that we just dropped it completely from 2.1 and went with a different solution
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arskrigitsioniets

Quote from: Kindred on December 14, 2018, 03:29:29 PM
yeah....  the solution is - don't use the wysiwyg in 2.0

it's got so many bugs that we just dropped it completely from 2.1 and went with a different solution
And there is no quick fix only for center alignment?  :(

GigaWatt

There is no fix for any of it. In some cases it works, in others, it doesn't. That's why the 2.0 editor was abandoned in 2.1.

Let me just get this straight. You're not using the WYSIWYG editor, you're using the regular BBC editor?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Arskrigitsioniets

QuoteLet me just get this straight. You're not using the WYSIWYG editor, you're using the regular BBC editor?
I use regular BBC editor, but I wanted to fix WYSIWYG for other users on my forum)) But if there is no decision... I will have to wait for 2.1 release version.

Arskrigitsioniets

Today I've discovered that the problem exists only on google chrome browser.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Arskrigitsioniets on December 15, 2018, 02:43:52 AM
I use regular BBC editor, but I wanted to fix WYSIWYG for other users on my forum)) But if there is no decision... I will have to wait for 2.1 release version.

Why not just teach your users to use BBCode in the mean time. It's not that hard, it's simple and logical and there is no harm in learning something new ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: