Remove all topic subscriptions

Started by BellGab.com, December 12, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellGab.com

Hi.  I've removed the permission for users to get email notifications for new topics and replies to topics, but this apparently doesn't kill existing subscriptions that were established prior to the change.  I can see the mail queue continuing to pump out email notifications.  How do I remove these subscriptions for every user?  I'm assuming it's a database query?  Thanks in advance.

live627

Board notifications are stored in log_notify. I'd imagine that people wouldn't be too happy if you ate all of their subscriptions for breakfast, though. :D

BellGab.com

Quote from: live627 on December 13, 2018, 08:00:40 PM
Board notifications are stored in log_notify. I'd imagine that people wouldn't be too happy if you ate all of their subscriptions for breakfast, though. :D

Perhaps not, but a lot of mail systems now refuse mail from my forum (including all Microsoft mail systems), and I think much of it is because at some point people decide they no longer want some of these notifications and rather than end the notifications, they simply mark the mail as spam.  Over time, the cumulative effect of that has made delivery of mail from my forum very hit and miss, even for those who want it.

Further, since I've removed the permission to notify for new topics/posts, users don't even have access to the button to unsubscribe.  Oof.

Anyway, I appreciate your help and I'm going to take a look at that file...

edit:  I'm dumb.  For whatever reason, I assumed log_notify was a file.  Am I correct that that's supposed to be a table in the database?  I don't see log_notify in there.

Shambles

Quote from: BellGab.com... that's supposed to be a table in the database?  I don't see log_notify in there.
Should be. Don't forget you will have a table prefix like "smf_" meaning the table will be something like "smf_log_notify".

Advertisement: