News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Torrent Trader Integration

Started by DoctorZ, December 14, 2007, 09:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorZ

Hi there,
Guys does anyone know if there is an integration hack for SMF and TorrentTrader?
I'm trying to make a torrent community and I want to have common registration and
login.
Thanks in advance

lonrot

Torrent Trackers are like a taboo here, perhaps they avoid it just beacause there are legal issues mixed up with torrent sites. Well, I have found one thing, that seems to work under SMF:
www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=161341

But it would be great, at least to have a mod to link the smf members into TorrentTrader, that way we wouln'dt have to ask for re-registration.

Petr1fied

TorrentTrader isn't the only tracker software out there give xbtit (google it) a try, it has full SMF integration.  8)

hxxp:img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xbtit2fl0.png [nonactive]

DjScrappy

yup i have XBtit installed with smf forum all in it it works great its one of the best trackers out there.. check it out at http://www.maddgamerz.com/torrents [nofollow]

lonrot

Quote from: DjScrappy on January 24, 2008, 03:49:56 PM
yup i have XBtit installed with smf forum all in it it works great its one of the best trackers out there.. check it out at http://www.maddgamerz.com/torrents

I have several mods installed, including tiny portal and a custom theme.
DjScrappy, do you think that my site would work with Xbtit, check my signature.

aishaweb

Quote from: lonrot on January 03, 2008, 12:03:55 AM
Torrent Trackers are like a taboo here, perhaps they avoid it just beacause there are legal issues mixed up with torrent sites. Well, I have found one thing, that seems to work under SMF:
www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=161341

But it would be great, at least to have a mod to link the smf members into TorrentTrader, that way we wouln'dt have to ask for re-registration.

Since when?

H

There is no issue with discussing integration with torrent trackers here :). Obviously we'd prefer if you didn't link to illegal torrents though! :).

If you have a new site, then I'd recommend Niko's torrent tracker mod for SMF. I believe this is a completely new tracker and not an integration with an existing script.

Otherwise, you'll need to look at one of the unofficial bridges posted above, or write your own :). I can't see us writing an official integration for any trackers anytime soon. There simply isn't the demand, compared to some of the CMS requests

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

djhowarth

well i finished my site with smf and then i thought id try torrent trader and believe it or not it took me 2days lmao :D ive just added download/upload/ratio to the display.template.php i think i will put a demo up for people to see

Advertisement: