Board-specific edit access without assigning as board moderator?

Started by denNorske, December 17, 2018, 11:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

It was just the likeliest reason editing wouldn't work in my head.

Illori

is the user in a separate group that you have granted permissions to edit in the profile for this board? you did assign the profile to the board?

denNorske

Quote from: Illori on January 06, 2019, 04:17:46 PM
is the user in a separate group that you have granted permissions to edit in the profile for this board? you did assign the profile to the board?
Yep I did.

I created a permission profile set, which I applied at a specific board. I added this member group to the user, and I have checked the "view permissions" under the profile to ensure the permission is sat.
Still no effect.

It works nicely if the user is either a global moderator or has global edit permissions, but this is what I am trying to isolate down to one board only.

Check my attached screenies.

Illori

do you use deny or disallow permissions? if so that can make it harder to get this to work.

denNorske

Quote from: Illori on January 07, 2019, 09:23:50 AM
do you use deny or disallow permissions? if so that can make it harder to get this to work.
If to some help, I've attached some screenshots in my last reply (edited them in after posting)

About denying permissions, I am not familiar with SMF being able to have Deny/Allow permissions such as I've seen on XenForo for instance. Where could I check this?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, I don't think you're using them since you are only using the simple view, and your user specific permission report would have shown that too.
Those are options in SMF though. I'm beginning to be really curious about this at this point for sure...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

try changing from simple to classic view of permissions at the top of the permissions page, then check your permissions again.

denNorske

Quote from: Illori on January 07, 2019, 09:33:05 AM
try changing from simple to classic view of permissions at the top of the permissions page, then check your permissions again.

Thanks;

Already tried checking this but it seems like it has no differences to which permissions which are sat and not-.

Can i check database manually to see if permissions are sat there?

Advertisement: