News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Update error

Started by Juan Carlos, December 17, 2018, 07:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Juan Carlos -

Did you ever get this sorted out?   Or is this still an issue?

If this is still an issue it may help to see the structure of your custom_fields table - that's what it was working on.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

lurkalot

Quote from: Antes on December 18, 2018, 07:40:44 AM
This is interesting, I'm using/testing SMF 2.1 since alpha1 and always used upgrade.php to bring my local to date and never had this issue. Are you running upgrade.php on a remote server or a local server?

Me too.  Upgraded using the nightly build of RC1 only two days ago. Also running TinyPortal since day one. http://cctestsite.info/testsite3/index.php

Juan Carlos

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 30, 2018, 04:36:53 PM
Juan Carlos -

Did you ever get this sorted out?   Or is this still an issue?

If this is still an issue it may help to see the structure of your custom_fields table - that's what it was working on.

Well, I've already got the problem gone but I do not know how. As I did not find the problem, I did the following:
1. I deleted the database and create a new one.
2. I made a new clean installation from gh.
3. I deleted the data from the tables and then imported all the data table by table from a previous backup.
4. Then I ran the upgrade again and it worked correctly.

I understand that this was not the best way to find the error
Juan Carlos

Advertisement: