News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

auto post new topics to facebook page

Started by crimpson, December 08, 2018, 02:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimpson

Is there a mod that will automatically post new topics to a facebook page? I don't know if SA Facebook Integration accomplished this but i seem to recall there being something.

Arantor

Good luck getting this past Facebook's approval - any app that wants to post to FB pages requires to submit their app for approval, and specifically for pages, needs to submit a video showing how users do it. Users are generally expected to post their own message on top of content, as opposed to just auto posting content.

Auto posting also usually falls foul of FB Platform Policy 2.3.

vbgamer45

Yeah that is why I stopped development of it. The approval process is tough have done for one of my sites.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

I used to work for a firm that was basically a reposting tool to all the major networks, had to completely reengineer for FB.

njtweb

No, but there are 3rd party sites that will do it. Dlv.it is one of them. I used it but turned it off as I didn't want EVERYthing posted to social media. Instead I installed this mod by Suki. Works great but you have to share them yourself. https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2111

Advertisement: