The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_msg

Started by nemovet, December 20, 2018, 04:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemovet

my old forum have pretty url and tp but because of the migration done by my hosting site my forum is inaccesible.

error :

Notice: Undefined index: pretty_action_array in /storage/content/41/****/public_html/forum/index.php on line 77 Notice: Undefined index: pretty_board_urls in /storage/content/41/*****/public_html/forum/index.php on line 78 Fatal error: Call to undefined function TP_loadTheme() in /storage/content/41/******/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 1387

i tried to reinstall smf 2.0.11 and the database but same result.

the next step i tried is to install smf 2.0.14 in another directory  and manually upload database leaving any table with pretty url and tp syntax. i can log now in the forum, i can see member name, i can see category and board but if you click it it say "the database value you're trying to insert does not exist; id_msg" there are also no time stamps also you can see members but according to the stat i am the only the member of the forum..

can anyone help or enlighten me. by the way i have no programming knowledge at all, i can do what i do by googling answer only...

Kindred

well, you can't just install a second copy and then associate the database...   you have to correct paths and urls

Also, some mods use hooks, instead of file edits, so replacing the files won't completely uninstall the mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nemovet

i have corrected the paths but the word "hooks" is new to me...

may i know how to remove hooks.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

nemovet

@aleksi

i tried the wiki version on to upload and setting manually etc.

i now have login facade but won't connect to database.

ty

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you have a login, then it should connect to a database. If it's a wrong DB however, you can change the database connection settings with repair_settings.

What is repair_settings.php?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

nemovet

actually i have done everything which is in the manual smf instalation etc... upgrade, repair settings etc... but still to know avail.

i will refresh my mind . i will reupload my backup and old forum source again and start troubleshooting again.

thank you thank you for the help.

i will just post again here later.

nemovet

Greetings!

i will just update this post..

out of idea what i did is install 2.0.13 then  from the new database i deleted smf_board, categories , members, messages, topics, and log topics. from my old data base i exported  smf_board, categories , members, messages, topics, and log topics then imported it in my new database.

The result is i can see my old categories, board.  i can only see recent topics but i cannot  go to the topics itself, it say "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you".

i can create new topics and can post it also can delete it.

any idea how i can remedy this.  thank you very much

Kindred

You really need the whole database. You can't just take pieces.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nemovet

if i load the whole database the error that i received is what i stated in the first post. if i just import the smf_messages , board etc .may site is viewable, i can see my board etc only problem is that old post are unaccessible. the error is  "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you".

to be honest i dont know if i am making progress or not...

off-topic

is there a user friendly software (excel-like) i can use to edit sql files?

thank you

a10

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Shambles

a10

^^^ before it would indeed crash, but notepad++'s handling of larger files has vastly improved along the updates (haven't tried GB files...:O)
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

GigaWatt

Quote from: nemovet on December 24, 2018, 03:23:34 AM
is there a user friendly software (excel-like) i can use to edit sql files?

MySQL Workbench. It won't choke on large files, but you'll need a powerful rig to load a large database. On my Core i7-4790K with 32GB of RAM and an SSD, it takes about 20 seconds to load a 900MB database.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

nemovet

thank you for all of your answers and suggestions.

i found a old backup of mine way back 2016 and with this i have created a working  2.0.13 smf forum...

although when i installed TP another problem arises. that is in the another post anyway... thank you again.

Advertisement: