Can I Use A ZenCart Theme?

Started by boruma, December 21, 2018, 10:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boruma

I just installed SimpleMachines, and I'm really hoping it will work for our new website.  We're using ZenCart's Preston Elite template for everything else on the site.  Is it possible to use that template for our new forum, too?  Many thanks, in advance, for your help!!

Kindred

only if an SMF theme exists....     SMF needs it's own theme - you can not use themes/templates form other software.

If you want a custom theme based on a theme/template form another software, then you will either have to customize SMF yourself or pay someone to develop that custom design for you.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Quote from: boruma on December 21, 2018, 10:43:59 AM
I just installed SimpleMachines, and I'm really hoping it will work for our new website.  We're using ZenCart's Preston Elite template for everything else on the site.  Is it possible to use that template for our new forum, too?  Many thanks, in advance, for your help!!

You can port the theme, there is no direct relation, unfortunately. If you are wondering, the port`s cost depends on the integration level you want. For example, if you want deep integration where you use parts of other-sites inside the SMF price goes up. Otherwise porting theme generally takes like 5 hour(ish) work (inc. testing & deploying)

boruma

Love the catnip signature!  LOLOL

All I really needed was to find something with similar colors, which I did in your big archives of templates, and sub the Preston Elite background and my logo into the header.  Piece of cake.  Thanks very much for your suggestions and your fast replies...it's appreciated more than you know!

Antes

Quote from: boruma on December 21, 2018, 12:52:01 PM
Love the catnip signature!  LOLOL

All I really needed was to find something with similar colors, which I did in your big archives of templates, and sub the Preston Elite background and my logo into the header.  Piece of cake.  Thanks very much for your suggestions and your fast replies...it's appreciated more than you know!

One thing, SMF 2.0 uses images as background for many header types (cat_bar) etc... so first thing first you need to clean it up a bit. I can`t recall for sure but I started HTML5 template project for SMF 2.0 a year ago, lost interest in to for now but it should give you some start point; take it to your localhost and test and play with it.

https://github.com/Antes/RDD

(Hopefully soon I`ll push more code into those repos).

Advertisement: