News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to convert/upgrade

Started by arbmil, December 22, 2018, 08:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbmil

Hello,

At first excuse me for my bad English.

I have a SMF forum of my wife in version 1.1.20 and sources 1.16, templates 1.1.5, language 1.1 and template 1.1. The template are handmad ed by me and someone else.

Now I must move the forum from one provider to a new one. The new provider has SMF 2.0.15 at Installtron.

How can I update the old environment to the new version?

Thanks for tips and support.

Grtz Wil

Gary

For upgrading you run upgrade.php after uploading all the 2.0 files over your 1.1 files.

Upgrading SMF

Note, that all mods and themes will need to be either reinstalled with 2.0 compatible versions or re-created again because 1.1 customisations wont work.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Kindred

Do not use the installtron thing.     Do your upgrade following the process listed in our online manual
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

arbmil

Thanks for the answers but this is for me too many work because its years ago wnhen I build this enviroment. On this moment just 8 users that use this enviroment in the past this was 500.

But thank you for the support.

Sir Osis of Liver

Moving and upgrading are two separate things.  You can upgrade at current host then move to new host, or move first then upgrade at new host.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SpacePhoenix

What versions of PHP are available at the old host and what versions are available at the new host?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 12, 2019, 03:47:31 PM
Moving and upgrading are two separate things.  You can upgrade at current host then move to new host, or move first then upgrade at new host.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host

Since the old one is running 1.1 and the new one support 2.0, it would probably be easier to move first - upgrade later.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: