News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Split Topic] Re: How can I edit the main menu buttons?

Started by GirlinGray, December 22, 2018, 03:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GirlinGray

I used the mod Menu Editor Lite 1.0.5 to create a new forum menu. It's a text links menu, not icons, but it's worked pretty well for me and works linking the main site to its forum page.

(There were some complications when I updated the forum to 2.0.15 -- Menu Editor Lite didn't care too much for working with Curve and my old theme and 2.0.15 didn't like each other and dismantled a login feature (oops), but I may have messed up removing and reinstalling Menu Editor Lite and I just went back into the older theme to update and recreate a menu and that worked, then flipped over to Curve again to get the login features all working again and it's fine and a lot easier than recoding the php.)

I can post a link to the forum so you can see the menu in action -- but I'm unsure whether it's cool to post a site link here?

That Adams Girl

Arantor

Sounds like you should ask in the dedicated thread to the Menu Editor Lite mod (where the author can see it)... and yes, posting a link is cool.

GirlinGray

Thanks. It's okay. It was a mad scramble moving the forum in a hurry last month, when there's time I can go back and figure out what went down there.

Figured I'd put the mod info up here because it's not always easy to find a solution to buildinig a new forum menu and Menu Editor Lite is the one mod I've found and used I know works building a new menu in smf and it might be helpful in this topic for people looking to do that?

To see it in action, it's up in the forum at https://academyoffilmwriting.com/forum

That Adams Girl

Advertisement: