Creating topics/threads don't raise post count

Started by Neres, December 22, 2018, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neres

I was always under the impression that creating new topics/threads should raise a person's post count but a few moments ago it stopped counting. Is there any settings I'm missing to get this working again?

> Creating topics doesn't raise post count.
> Replying to topics DOES raises post count
> All boards have the 'count posts' option enabled.

The last thing I did before noticing the problem was create a recycle bin category + threads to automatically send all deleted posts to.

Anyone seen this before?

efk

Check again if all boards count posts, also if child boards counts as parents total - not 100% sure if this is important option because each board should be story for itself.
Check settings for Recycle bin, it should count posts if you are going to keep them there, but on 1 old forum happened to me to be bugged recycle bin with thousands of deleted topics and posts so weird behavior was noticed, only 2 pages appeared but should be hundreds of pages with deleted stuff.

Kindred

efk...  completely wrong track.... Neres is not asking about the count of posts in a board.  OP is asking about individual user's post count.

Neres,   Board settings.  Confirm that "count posts" is turned ON for that board.
For example, on this site, posts in the Chit Chat board od not count and thus you can post 1000 times in that board and it won't increase your post-count.
(However, (re-reading) I note that you say that you have confirmed that....)

What version SMF?
What is your URL?
What mods do you have installed?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

efk

I guess Count Posts in Recycle bin is not ticked, if not that, then something is wrong with forum.
QuoteCheck settings for Recycle bin, it should count posts if you are going to keep them there

Wasn't 100% sure if this is anyhow important for anything except visual sight.
Quotealso if child boards counts as parents total - not 100% sure if this is important option because each board should be story for itself.

Don't get this part, what "threads to automatically send all..."
QuoteThe last thing I did before noticing the problem was create a recycle bin category + threads to automatically send all deleted posts to.
I mean you select  "Enable recycling of deleted topics", set Dedicated board for that purpose and tick to count posts in that board if that's the plan, if not posts will not count except if there is some problem with forum.

Kindred

recycled posts are deleted - they are not counted toward post count.

Again.... that's not what the OP is complaining about.

EFK...  I know that I miss details sometime, but you continue to ignore the actual complaint.

Reply Posts count.

therefore, the issue is somewhere in the CODE which is treating new posts differently from reply posts.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: