News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Making An Error Show

Started by Looking, December 22, 2018, 07:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

I think the mod Illori provided the link to will fix it!

I had the same issue a while back...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

It probably would, provided the image was never large enough to consume more than 2GB of RAM.

Looking

Thank you kindly all. I am glad for the tips in solving this issue and learning the cause for next time.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Looking on December 24, 2018, 01:57:29 PM
Its confirmed - its an image upload; the original image is not large in size- only 600kb but its dimensions are around 7000x7000.

Yep, told ya ;). It's not the size, it's the dimensions ;). Tried recompressing some of the images I had problems with 10 different ways, if you don't scale it, it won't upload... well, it will, if you don't have thumbnails enabled :P :D.

BTW, is there a way to NOT save the thumbnails of the images in the Attachments dir and let SMF generate the thumbnails each time the thread is viewed?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: