News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Snowflakes

Started by Chen Zhen, December 24, 2018, 06:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shades.

Quote from: Chen Zhen on November 26, 2020, 08:33:52 PM

I am able to duplicate the problem on the SMF 2.0 branch.
Although when disabled for that action it doesn't load any of its css or JavaScript nor does it show any console errors.

I can give you a temporary patch for your post template until I can resolve the problem without parsing/editing SMF files.

file: ../Themes/default/Post.template.php

find:
bodyText += preview.getElementsByTagName(\'body\')[0].childNodes[i].nodeValue;

replace with:
bodyText += preview.getElementsByTagName(\'body\')[0].childNodes[i].nodeValue ? preview.getElementsByTagName(\'body\')[0].childNodes[i].nodeValue : "";
Works great now thanks!
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Chen Zhen

Snowflakes has been Updated to version 1.72.

v1.72
! fixed conflict with SMF 2.0.X branch post preview template

@Shades:
Thanks for the report!
You can revert the previous edit if you decide to update the mod.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Shades.

Updated and it works great thank you! 8)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Dave J

Hi Chen,

The diverse setting is not working on any site that's using the 'Xmas' theme, any idea what it could be?. I am admin on 3 sites and it doesn't work on any of them, as soon as I refer back to our default theme it's OK.

All other selections work fine.

Using v1.72
SMF 2.0.17. PHP 5.6

regards

Dave

PS> It's disabled for mobile and tablet as something makes the page seem go go in and out on my tablet 'Tab S6'
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

rusbowden

I have SMF 2.1 RC3. I installed snowflakesSMF_v1.7x and it crashed my forum with a 503

rusbowden

Quote from: rusbowden on December 04, 2020, 01:03:29 PM
I have SMF 2.1 RC3. I installed snowflakesSMF_v1.7x and it crashed my forum with a 503

More info.

I am wondering if the issue is that Snowflakes is incompatible with the Lunarfall_v0.7.1. 

No matter, my question is Now what do I do?

Chen Zhen

@davejo:
You are correct as I just tested it on a custom theme and the diverse setting is not working.
I will look into it & thank you for the report.

@rusbowden:
I just tested it on SMF 2.1 RC3 with the Lunarfall theme whereas everything seems to be working just fine without errors.
Snowflakes does not edit any SMF files because it uses hooks therefore as long as it added the hooks to your DB properly and its Source files exist in the proper directory (../Sources) then it should be functioning properly.

If you think you have an issue with a theme you can always use ../index.php?theme=1 in the URL to use the default theme although I doubt that is the problem.
Snowflakes is disabled for your Admin section by default (so long as you didn't enable that setting for it) therefore you can try to use ../index.php?action=admin in your URL to navigate to your admin section leaving snowflakes disabled in the process.
From there you should be able to uninstall the mod.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

rusbowden

Quote@rusbowden:
I just tested it on SMF 2.1 RC3 with the Lunarfall theme whereas everything seems to be working just fine without errors.
Snowflakes does not edit any SMF files because it uses hooks therefore as long as it added the hooks to your DB properly and its Source files exist in the proper directory (../Sources) then it should be functioning properly.

If you think you have an issue with a theme you can always use ../index.php?theme=1 in the URL to use the default theme although I doubt that is the problem.
Snowflakes is disabled for your Admin section by default (so long as you didn't enable that setting for it) therefore you can try to use ../index.php?action=admin in your URL to navigate to your admin section leaving snowflakes disabled in the process.
From there you should be able to uninstall the mod.

The crash was immediate upon installation. If not the theme, then something. It's uninstalled for good now.

Thanks for looking into it.

sahabatkarpetmasjid

Omg this is what im looking for, thank you thank you

Chen Zhen

Snowflakes has been updated to version 1.73.

v1.73
! fixed: Xmas Wired Lights display none/flex for mouseover/mouseout
! fixed: Diverse & Fireworks use last child of body tag instead of #wrapper id
! fixed: missing concatenating assignment operator for $context['settings_insert_below']
! fixed: body overflowY & position properties for Fireworks
! fixed: Xmas Light Strands script for SMF 2.0

@davejo: Diverse should now work for you on all your themes.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Dave J

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 06, 2020, 10:59:21 PM
@davejo: Diverse should now work for you on all your themes.

Thanks very much Chen
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dave J

Hi Chen,

On updating and then checking the mod it seems that 2 of the sites get the following error (see attachment) when clicking on the save button. The 3rd site gets no errors at all.

The only difference for the sites is that 2 (with the errors) are on one host and the third (with no errors) is on a different host

I should add that there is nothing wrong with the mod working, the diverse is now OK and so is everything else

Chen Zhen

I suppose it's possible that a PHP setting (such as open_basedir) may be causing more restrictive behavior.
No problem.. I adjusted it yet again but I'd like you to try it first (from my site) & let me know if it works without error on those 2 websites before I release it here.

ref.
https://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;area=stable_smf_modifications;file=37

Thanks.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Dave J

Hi Chen,

I uploaded to site 1 and it worked fine no errors once installed. Site 2 still had the issue, then I checked the php version being used and it was different @ 5.6 so changed to php 7 and now it's working fine.

The host had changed the php version from 5.6 to 7 on my personal site that's why it worked ok.

So all sites are now working OK working on php 7

Thanks for your help Chen

Chen Zhen

This mod has been updated to version 1.74.

v1.74
! fixed: no image directory check for empty path name

@davejo:
You should update here or on my site again even though it shows the same version.
What you downloaded was just a quick test but I found something that needed adjustment which has been applied to the proper release.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Dave J

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 08, 2020, 09:39:47 PM
@davejo:
You should update here or on my site again even though it shows the same version.
What you downloaded was just a quick test but I found something that needed adjustment which has been applied to the proper release.

Ok Chen will do. Thank you for all your help.

jsx

@Chen Zhen

I turned on the snowflakes, but unfortunately not all options work. These options don't work:

Diverse
Fireworks
Xmas Lights
Xmas Lights Strands
Xmas Wired Lights

What could be causing this?

Chen Zhen

Is this regarding the SMF 2.0.X branch?

If it is then try enabling/disabling the jQuery library in Snowflakes settings.
Those effects need jQuery but this mod should only load the library if it is not already available from another mod.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

jsx

Yes, the forum runs on SMF 2.0.17

I installed the latest version of this mod 1.74 and only these effects are not displayed:

Xmas Lights
Xmas Lights Strands
Xmas Wired Lights

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 15, 2020, 10:12:15 PM
If it is then try enabling/disabling the jQuery library in Snowflakes settings.
Those effects need jQuery but this mod should only load the library if it is not already available from another mod.

All effects are displayed correctly in the test forum. But on the official forum, unfortunately the lights do not show on the enabled or disabled jQuery library. I have SMFPacks Shoutbox Pro installed on the forum, maybe is an incompatibility here?

The same error occurs in the forum:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=564196.msg4037928#msg4037928

Chen Zhen

The attachment for this post: [Click Here] ... is a replacement file for that shoutbox mod. Try it out to see if it resolves your problem.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Advertisement: