News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Manage Permissions -> edit "Regular Members"?

Started by Neres, December 24, 2018, 10:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neres

So under Admin>Members>General Permissions there are 4 default types:

- Guests
- Regular Members
- Administrator

Where 'Regular Members' are automatically assigned this permission (and membergroup once I create it based on it) when users sign up on my forum. I wish to change that permission title to -> Registered User. Is there a way to do this? The reason is because I want to reserve the title 'Regular Members' to another membergroup with their own permission set.

Thanks,

Arantor

Neres

Quote from: Arantor on December 24, 2018, 10:39:11 AM
No, because it's not actually a real group.

So just to confirm, If I want to have something like this:

Membergroup: Registered User (automatically assigned upon registration)
Permission: Registered User

Membergroup: Regular Member (Manually Assigned)
Permission: Regular Member

I can't?....

Arantor

Well, you can, but it's going to get confusing, because it's not quite set up the way you think it is.

Every user is in two or more groups, their post group and at least one assigned group, and if no other group is assigned, they end up with Registered Member, but it's not a real group and its wording is inconsistent in the interface (some parts call it Regular Member, others Registered Member) but it's not a group you can change yourself.

Sir Osis of Liver

I believe there's a mod that assigns new members to a selected group, so you can set up a permissions profile for new registrants.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

You can set up permissions for a newly created user too, I'm not quite sure why this extra group is even needed here...

Neres

Yeah the default membergroup should work fine for me. I got it working!

Thanks for the input gentlemen :)

Advertisement: