News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No CSS/styling after install

Started by KiwiNFLFan, December 26, 2018, 08:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiNFLFan

I am currently running a Simple Machines forum on a LAMP stack spread over three Docker containers all running on an AWS instance (separate containers for MySQL, phpMyAdmin and the base container where the forum is running). I also have nginx-proxy running on other containers so that my URL is redirected to the forum (my AWS instance has a different url).

I managed to get a decent-looking forum going last night before I used nginx-proxy (I was experimenting with another reverse proxy called Traefik but gave up on that). However, after configuring the nginx-proxy, my forum had no styling or CSS - it's just plain text with no layout. I tried reinstalling but got the same problem. I tried installing a different theme but that didn't work.

What do I do from here? My forum is located at hxxp:jodoshinshuforum.tk [nonactive]. Any help here would be good.

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Arantor

Your principle issue is that the theme thinks it should be served over HTTP but the site requires it be set up over HTTPS - repair_settings should be able to fix this for you.

KiwiNFLFan

I've gone through repair_settings.php a couple of times and nothing has changed. What settings specifically am I looking for?

Arantor

It looks like repair_settings has fixed your URLs now... if I visit your site I see the theme as I should.

d3vcho

I can see the theme as well. Try CTRL+F5.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Advertisement: