News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[2.0.11] I can't reach any pages in my forum

Started by FluFFeh, December 27, 2018, 08:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FluFFeh

Hey there!

Suddenly my forum is not working well, I can't reach any pages.

There is only 1 error message: TheSELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

What can I do with it?

Deaks

what do you mean you cant reach any of your pages, does it show white page or an error message?

Also you shou0ld update to 2.0.15
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

FluFFeh

Just white page with the error message.
And yeah, I wanted to update, but it worked fine.

vbgamer45

Does it say a line number or file?

Also how many posts does your forum?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

FluFFeh

No, just one error message, no line or file.
I don't know exactly, but there is many.

Kindred

What did you do just before the error started happening?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

FluFFeh

I edited the index.template file, but when I saved nothing bad happened.
After a few minutes I couldn't open the forum and the error message appeared.

But I don't think the index.template file has the problem cuz I changed back to the normal file.

Illori

have you reached out to your host to see if they changed anything? send them the error message and see what happens, they should be able to fix the issue.

Kindred

what change did you make to the index.template.php file?
How did you make the change (ftp? cpanel file manager? within SMF template editor?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

FluFFeh

I changed some lines under template_body_above on FTP.

Btw I wrote to the host.

Arantor

Unless you put database queries into the template (seems a little unlikely), the error wouldn't happen because of a template change and only because of outgrowing preconfigured limits on the server. Definitely time to ask the host (and maybe get which query it is that's causing trouble)

FluFFeh

They said my page reached the sql server variable limit, and may i can fix it if i make more multiple sql queries, but i dont know, its possible?

Kindred

your host is an idiot.... and is probably an overseller.
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Quote from: FluFFeh on January 04, 2019, 11:09:44 AM
They said my page reached the sql server variable limit, and may i can fix it if i make more multiple sql queries, but i dont know, its possible?

If your host can't tell you which query causes this problem, time to find a new, better host.

FluFFeh

Well, I found a better host, but when I import the database, the special characters does not appear correctly, just a "?".
I looked for that problem, I tried to fix it but nothing worked.

Illori

how did you export the database? how did you import the database?

FluFFeh

All both with phpmyadmin, latin1 charset. But its just happens in 2.0.15 version

Illori

you need to check if your tables are using latin1, i bet they are utf-8.

Advertisement: