News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

authenticate purely via github + automate account setup

Started by TeoTwawki, December 28, 2018, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeoTwawki

If it is possible what I'd like to do is use github as my forums login. if the account exists on github but not my forum, just create the forum account on the spot. I want to avoid my users having to create both accounts and then link them.

Arantor

Possible but as far as I know, no-one's done it for SMF.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TeoTwawki

I intentionally do not want any connections to other services besides github and OneAll Social Login doesn't say if those services it supports can be selectively disabled or not. I want to link my end up with github and nothing else.

QuoteIn order to connect with the OneAll API, you have to create a new account at hxxp:app.oneall.com/ [nonactive].

The quoted part is also a big thing making me not want it. I've enough personal accounts at things I forget exist.

vbgamer45

Someone would need to create then or hire out for someone to build.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: TeoTwawki on December 30, 2018, 11:38:48 AM
I intentionally do not want any connections to other services besides github and OneAll Social Login doesn't say if those services it supports can be selectively disabled or not. I want to link my end up with github and nothing else.

QuoteIn order to connect with the OneAll API, you have to create a new account at https://app.oneall.com/.

The quoted part is also a big thing making me not want it. I've enough personal accounts at things I forget exist.
You can enable only what you want.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

TeoTwawki

QuoteSomeone would need to create then or hire out for someone to build.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I kinda thought this board was for making a request to see if anybody was willing to make a mod.

I'm open to paying if someone is interested, though I don't know what it'd be worth I'm willing to discuss as long as it doesn't wind up being some subscription deal. I think dealing with githubs api for this might be beyond my own available time availability these days.

Advertisement: