News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

1 alert

Started by Bigguy, December 28, 2018, 08:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I just updated my site to the latest on GH. I know I have said this before...and I'm sorry, lol. At this point it can't be 2.1 doing this it has to be my install or something. I have 1 alert that will NOT go away...AT ALL, lol. It's gettin a bit annoying. Would anyone have ideas as to where I can look in the db for this one annoying alert that will not go away.
* Bigguy is pullin his hair out.

Bigguy

A few screenshots. If you clear the alert it comes back almost instantly. I have done all forum maintenance and am now in the database in smf_user_alerts. Not sure if that is the right place to be lookin but it looks like it is. Just not sure what I am lookin for.

lurkalot

Bigguy, I've got 142 alerts that won't go away on your site.  Mark them as read and they disappear. Visit site again after a few minutes and they're back again.

albertlast

You could look into your user_alerts table if you entry get marked as read.

Sesquipedalian

Try applying the changes in #5202, and then open the alert menu. On the next full page load, your alerts counter should start showing the correct value.

Of course, if you've had some mods installed that made a mess of things, all bets are off.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Bigguy

Trying it now. I just edited Profile-View.php and my editor says there is an error somewhere in the lines between 293 and 297

Bigguy

OK, I made a change. This is the bit of code that had an error:
             $possible_msgs[] = $alert['content_id'];
        elseif (isset($alert['extra']['topic']))
            $possible_topics[] = $alert['extra']['topic'];
        elseif (isset($alert['extra']['board']))
            $possible_boards[] = $alert['extra']['board'];

I changed it to:
             $possible_msgs[] = $alert['content_id'];
        if (isset($alert['extra']['topic']))
            $possible_topics[] = $alert['extra']['topic'];
        elseif (isset($alert['extra']['board']))
            $possible_boards[] = $alert['extra']['board'];

The error is gone now so I guess I will try this.

SychO

That changes the logic, what editor are you using and what is it saying ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Bigguy

It does work. Well, it got rid of the 1 damn alert anyway, lol. The error it produces now is this:
Undefined offset: 17
In Profile-View.php on line 389
It has been determined that my editor is out dated. I use php 7.0 on the server but the editor is onlly good for php 5.x I guess. The error I was getting in the editor was something about elseif.

syntax error unexpected elseif T_elseif

Bigguy

I have tried this in two different editors. RapidPhp2018 and Php Designer. Both give the same error.

Bigguy

OK, I updated both editors to use php 7 I still get the error message in both of them. Also, after the change I made I had this error in my logs. I'm not sure if it is still going to happen. I have cleared my error logs and will wait and see. I did take a screenshot of the errors though.

Sesquipedalian

I suspect that you accidentally deleted this line when you deleted the others around it.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Bigguy

I will make the changes here in a sec. I just got home.

Bigguy

Ok, I reverted my changes and added that line and it should be good to go. I did miss that line btw, thank you.

Sesquipedalian

No problem. Thanks for continuing to report bugs so well, Bigguy. :)
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Bigguy

Lol, well thank you for saying that so kindly. :)  I know there not the best reports. I shoulda seen that line of code did not have one of those very tiny tiny minus signs beside it, lol. I'll try better next time. It seems Alerts are now running as expected as far as I can tell. :)

Bigguy

They are runnin very good so far. I need to ask about desktop alerts now, lol. A little window pops up in the lower right of the screen when an alert comes in. How do I increase the time that window stays there. (these have never worked before for me)

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Bigguy on December 29, 2018, 10:45:30 PM
I need to ask about desktop alerts now, lol. A little window pops up in the lower right of the screen when an alert comes in. How do I increase the time that window stays there. (these have never worked before for me)

That's controlled by your browser and/or system settings.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Bigguy

Bigguy

Might as well post this here. I am hearing from members on my site that I am the only one that has this drop down on the notifications page. (see screenshot) Why am I the only one that has this. Did I miss another line of code somewhere.

Advertisement: