One.com has done an upgrade again

Started by Plantje, December 29, 2018, 04:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpacePhoenix

Arantor

A patch for 7.2 is difficult and won't actually be super reliable, and it can't fix mods.

Plantje

Quote from: a10 on December 30, 2018, 06:18:10 AM
^^^^ ahhh, I did not get that you seemingly received email simultaneously as the server changes was done. In my case I received email info well in advance and did some needed preparation (upgraded to latest SMF & setting php to 7.1), all went fine.

About "Are you sure there were changes then? -;) If there is no E-mail...", meant my sites were not included in any server changes this time, already upgraded some time ago.
Almost :)
The past few events:
One.com indicated beginning of November they would upgrade PHP 5.5 and 5.6 to 7.2 while still keeping the option for 7.1. This was a notification that one should check if everything would still work as websites could be affected.
Half of november One.com set everything to PHP 7.2. I got mad, because they didn't communicate that. However, I was not right, because they DID notify me. And now I still had the option to go back.
End of November I upgraded to SMF 2.0.15 with PHP 7.1 and everything was still running fine.
Third of December they went to PHP 7.2 without option of going back, but with the option to stick to 7.1.
Everything was still running fine.

Now completely forget PHP versions and SMF versions.

We come to yesterday. One E-mail (as quoted above) during the night and a change that same night. I completely missed any warning of this. And I also missed that strict SQL mode would be in effect as well. (I am not sure if I would have understood what the implications were if they did mention it, but that's besides the point)
So, that's why I'm disappointed...I'm not mad....just disappointed. (Any parent can tell you that is worse ;) )

Quote from: a10 on December 30, 2018, 06:18:10 AM
Anyway, happy to see your site up and going, it has a very good members vs posts %, sign of quality forum :O)
I will regard that as a compliment. Thank you!

Advertisement: