News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Update from 2.0.15: Stuck with Permissions

Started by dendemeier, December 31, 2018, 07:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dendemeier

Hello,

i copied my forum (Version 2.0.15) from my mainsite to my testsite and installed it correctly. There i want to update the forum to the newest version of smf.

I got the new version from there: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0
I downloaded the smf2.1_nightly_upgrade.zip and copied the files via Filezilla into the forum-folder.

I opened the update.php via Browser.
Step 1 is working, but i am stuck in Step 2. The Mysql user does not have the proper privileges.

In Filezilla i changed the permissions for folders and files to 775, 777 / 666, 664. But none of this is working. I also tried 777 for folders and files.

But no matter what i try, none of this is working.
I also created a new Mysql user in my control panel and gave him all permission. Off course i updated the user in the database-setting in the admin-panel.

I have no idea what to try else. So i hope you can help me to get the update done.

d3vcho

From where did you download the latest version of SMF 2.1?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

lurkalot

Quote from: d3vcho(); on December 31, 2018, 08:03:27 AM
From where did you download the latest version of SMF 2.1?

Quote from: dendemeier on December 31, 2018, 07:02:53 AM

I got the new version from there: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0
I downloaded the smf2.1_nightly_upgrade.zip and copied the files via Filezilla into the forum-folder.

@rjen

Let op: met 2.1 is er een nieuw bestand nodig: db_last_error.php. Als dit niet bestaat geeft de install een meldign dat de rechten niet goed staan: beetje verwarrend. Oplossing is een leeg textbestand aan te maken, de naam db_last_error.php te geven en te plaatsen in de forum directory.

I had the same the first time I tried that.

2.1 requires a 'new' file: db_last_error.php. If that does not exist you get this error, which is quite confusing.
Solution is to create an empty text file with this name and put it into the root directory.
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

albertlast

Would be nice if problems like that exists that i get informed...

Any way updated the build script and
refresh the existing version.

@rjen

I believe I first reported that 1 or 2 years ago. Can't find it back though
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

dendemeier

Quote from: @rjen on December 31, 2018, 08:16:41 AM

2.1 requires a 'new' file: db_last_error.php. If that does not exist you get this error, which is quite confusing.
Solution is to create an empty text file with this name and put it into the root directory.

Unfortunately this is not working :( I´ve created the file and put into the forum folder and in the root folder as well. I´m still stuck with permissions.
At the moment they are at the value 777 for folders and 666 for files.

Shambles

Quote from: dendemeier... I´m still stuck with permissions.
At the moment they are at the value 777 for folders and 666 for files.

But didn't you state that the error was user privileges within the DB?

QuoteThe Mysql user does not have the proper privileges.

I suggest you revisit those privileges and check the settings include the ability/permission to create tablespace.

QuoteI also created a new Mysql user in my control panel and gave him all permission

Advertisement: