test and evaluations

Started by drewactual, January 02, 2019, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewactual

i've been in discussions with a group who wants to explore electronic virtual training.  this is for specific devices as well as 'how-to's' for policy and procedures... training will be provided by our in house certified instructors while using the OEM's 'train the trainer' certifications and material provided by the makers of the devices...

SMF does almost everything i need it to do to pull this off.  permissions can allow/disallow access to area's as well as allow tracking of units (groups) and individuals(users) progress and records.  I can set the page up in categories and specific modules for specific groups, which is also inherit to SMF... the Q&A of courses isn't any different than a forum's threads- allowing users to take courses on their own time/place, and interact with an active moderator(the certified trainers) as they work through the course, leaving the questions and responses to be viewed by other users.

what it doesn't do is have an integrated testing/evaluation function.  I'm thinking this could be a mod?  I'd like to have a test at the end of each module that provides successful users to receive a 'certificate'.  Also, I'd like to track the users with a function that notify's them when re-cert is required prior to that date (say, a month or whatever interval required) as well as provides us with documentation on who/where/what group records/status and statistics...

there are engines around that do the testing & evaluation and certificate thing, but they won't easily integrate with SMF- it's the statistics I'd like to get my hands on for the reason of 'records, accountability and billing', demonstrating use and viability of such a solution...

i'm thinking the poll function can be leveraged for this, perhaps?  or something like it..... multiple choice type testing...

hopefully this explains what i'd like to see and why in a request for a 'testing&evaluation mod'.... I'm not sure this is something useful for others, but it may be and is why i'm asking it here... it is certainly a modification i'm willing to pay for as this 'customer' has very very deep pockets, and the value to them is huge.

thoughts?

Arantor

drewactual

Advertisement: