News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Responsive issue

Started by movierchives, December 13, 2018, 07:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antes

Quote from: movierchives on December 15, 2018, 07:41:53 AM
Quote from: Gwenwyfar on December 14, 2018, 01:34:04 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. If it happened once it can happen again. But there isn't enough information to confirm what was the problem, it's just a guess without seeing his forum or if the theme looks intact.

Google isn't too picky. It mostly checks if things are not in odd sizes or if nothing overflows, it can be a mess and still pass the test.
The theme is fine, the problem is what Google said about spacing etc.

I've just had abuse here for what, wanting a mobile friendly forum which clearly we're not going to get for years here..........I can't even get this account deleted

Send me the forum link, I`ll handle the issues personally.

landyvlad

movierchives  it seems to me that you are ignoring the information and advice that people are giving here, and sticking to your own assumptions about whatever email it was that google sent you.

You'll see that many people here are willing to help - if you let them and don't resist their explanations being possible as opposed to your own theories.  As mentioned there are responsive themes available. I've used responsive curve for years and have never had any issue such as you describe.

Despite all that people are STILL willing to help as per Antes' generous offer above.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

drewactual

for what it's worth:  shoutbox causes these 'errors'. 

i've seen the precise same error, and it's ALWAYS on the page containing the shoutbox. 

my 'console' message is the precise same as the OP's:
QuoteTo owner of xxxxx/,

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 2 new Mobile Usability related issues. This means that Mobile Usability may be negatively affected in Google Search results. We encourage you to fix these issues.

Top new issues found, ordered by number of affected pages:
Clickable elements too close together

Content wider than screen 

i've not concerned myself too much about it as this site isn't driven by native searches- maybe 4~500 a month arrive there from a search of the 400k hits a month... if this is the case with the OP, there may be some resolve found by spending a fair amount of time in the shoutbox css and/or code addressing form widths/height...

the ONLY other time i've seen it is when there is a 'clickable' (i.e. a hyperlinked) IMAGE that doesn't resize with the screen... offering up some css to get started with that addresses that:

.linked-image {display:block;width:80%;max-width:800px; height:20%;max-height:200px}
.linked-image img{width:100%;height:auto}
  @media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
  .linked-image {max-width:400px;max-height:100px}
  }

Advertisement: