News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Always stay logged in not working

Started by ivanr, January 04, 2019, 02:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivanr

Hi Support,
Our host provider recently changed to a new server. most problems are fixed using the new absolute path and database logins.
A am now having a problem where checking "Always stay logged" does not keep you logged in. I ran the repair_settings.php where I made a few recommendation changes one was cahnging the cookie number to a new one.
I also cleared the cookies from my browser (firefox) and it's still not working.

Our webpages are tied in with the forum and rely on users to be logged in for the webpage to open otherwise it just defaults back to the SMF forum login screen.

If I give FTP access details to an administrator here (Sir Osis?) could they have a look at what's wrong.

Be much appreciated, I only have very limited knowldege in php / SQL. 

In the change the forum path was changed from ukvga/forum to ukvga/public_html/forum. logging is is fine it's staying logged in which is the problem.

(Forum ver 2.015)

ivanr

Sort of cured some of it, checking "Use subdomain independent cookies" helped a bit. I can now open the webpage, but when I save a form to the database it goes back to the forum login screen.

Advertisement: