News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Social Meta Data

Started by ikramkhan, January 05, 2019, 06:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikramkhan

In WordPress, we can keep the different social metadata for different sites. Like for Facebook, Twitter, G+ we can set different titles or images or descriptions.

Is there any way we can set a different social meta or at least different title for Facebook pages?

I am asking this because I use English on my forum, while my Facebook page is in the Urdu language. So, when I share a link on my Facebook page, I wanted to have an Urdu title and Urdu description.

Arantor

Isn't that inherently misleading though?

ikramkhan

Actually, this is for a different language. For SEO purpose, I have made the website in English, because I wanted to get visitors from all around the world.

But on my Facebook page, I have 80% fans from Pakistan, and the local language of Pakistan is Urdu. So, I wanted to share the forum posts on my Facebook page with headings in the local language. This won't be a misleading at all. Just to convey the message to local people in their own language.

Arantor

But you're trying to promote English content by pretending it isn't English... how is that not misleading?

ikramkhan

There will be videos and images "How To Videos"... Every person can understand that, whether knows English or not.

ikramkhan

Like how to recover deleted photos step by step guide....
The title on the website is in English, but video has no language, it is just a step by step guide, install one application from playstore and then how to use that.
Or how to install WordPress, How to install SMF etc etc....

Advertisement: