News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Migrated to a new server => Database error inet_aton

Started by lepidas, January 09, 2019, 12:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepidas

Hello to all,
I run smf for quite some years now under Ubuntu and php 5.6. Last week decided to migrate my forum to Ubuntu 18.04 with php7.2 and then is when all started going blue.
The problem is some times smf is unreachable and gives this

Database Error
Incorrect string value: '''' for function inet_aton
File: /var/www/forum/html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2691

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Quoting also became impossible

Before migrating to new server I have uninstalled all mods (WYSIWYG Quick Reply, Remove Help From Menu, Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag, Stop Spammer)
Also the logs are full of errors. What should I do; what does this inet_aton means;

Thanx in advance for any replies.

vbgamer45

Turn off IPv6 on your webserver in apache.
it is picking up an IPV6 address which SMF 2.0 does not support.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lepidas

Quote from: Kindred on January 09, 2019, 02:49:28 AM
Also., smf does not support php 7.2 yet
So that's why in the logs
8192: Function create_function() is deprecated
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /var/www/forum/html/Sources/Subs.php

Do you know which php 7.* -v does support; I can install again.

Shambles

lepidas

For the moment I installed this mod     SMF 2.0.X - PHP 7.2+ Compatibility
to stop error logs. Later will install a box with php7.1 to see what happens. Thanx to all, thanx @Sh@mbles

Electrohaxer1971

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 09, 2019, 01:30:34 AM
Turn off IPv6 on your webserver in apache.
it is picking up an IPV6 address which SMF 2.0 does not support.

I was getting this error a lot, too! This comment helped me fix it. So, thank you!

I also found a link with a short guide about how to turn it off that I wanted to share but I haven't posted enough yet. But it wasn't hard to find on google. When you search for "turn off ipv6 on apache", you should see a link to the Config Server Firewall website in the results. Use that one.

Advertisement: