News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

delay when modifying page

Started by supernova777, January 10, 2019, 08:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supernova777

im getting a delay of 2-5seconds when i go to modify a post on my site before the cursor will alow me to cut n paste or write more text..
this didnt used to happen
im just wondering if this is a result of me messing with my config somehow?
can anyone offer any insight?

Kindred

sounds like you may have some javascript running poorly

what mods do you have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

delta5

I had this happening in the admin controls after I upgraded to a better commercial server with the sucuri firewall. I changed some cache settings for the server and the firewall prog and got rid of most of it. On some settings still, if I put a dot in another choice, it will take 5 or 6 tries before it will stay changed. Still not sure what causes it to happen.

Kindred

that is almost definitely due to a server configured caching issue....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

supernova777

Quote from: Kindred on January 10, 2019, 09:16:27 AM
sounds like you may have some javascript running poorly

what mods do you have installed?

yes that would make sense.. but how to track down the source?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

supernova777

i dont have much mods installed only a youtube embed package.. thats about it

Kindred

don't have much...
that's about it...

those are not actually answers.

Specifically - what mods do you have installed?  The entire list - even if you don't think it matters.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: