News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search posts Not From User

Started by hitsme, January 11, 2019, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitsme

Is there a way in advance search to exclude results from user X? like "!hitsme"

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, I don't think there is. What you see is what you get basically.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

hitsme

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 11, 2019, 12:45:21 PM
No, I don't think there is. What you see is what you get basically.
Is it something you'd consider adding?

I want to find posts that mention my username, I get back every post I posted.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Can't speak for the devs and the rest of the team on that one really, but the built in search is limited in it's functionality in many ways really.
If your forum is open for public though, you can pretty easily utilize Google, and Google has plenty of options to use.

EDIT:
I have done my part for this, because I think it is a good idea ;)

Search options, exclude user(s)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

hitsme

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 11, 2019, 12:52:53 PM
Can't speak for the devs and the rest of the team on that one really, but the built in search is limited in it's functionality in many ways really.
If your forum is open for public though, you can pretty easily utilize Google, and Google has plenty of options to use.

EDIT:
I have done my part for this, because I think it is a good idea ;)

Search options, exclude user(s)
Thanks much appreciated!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: