News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Photo options - Was Re: SMF 2.1 Beta 3 Released

Started by ModelBoatMayhem, January 11, 2019, 01:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModelBoatMayhem

That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

Ronald_1938

Quote from: ModelBoatMayhem on January 11, 2019, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 11, 2019, 02:53:46 PM
If I may suggest, since coppermine is a standalone script - just test it by yourself without the bridging, separate from your current install and just see if it's worth the trouble in your own opinion after that :)

EDIT:
Just remember, you pretty much need to delete all and start from scratch if you want to move forward and bridge SMF and Coppermine. (Because it will then only use userdata and permissions based on data from SMF)

Is there an interactive Demo of Coppermine i can use / test?

Coppermine Demo:  http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg15x/

Levertime Gallery: http://levertine.com/products/levgal/

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 11, 2019, 03:50:26 PM
Thanks Oldcrow :)

Your tervetuloa , but we are getting away from the Topic, can we get back to 2.1 beta 3

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You might just be on to something there, perhaps this topic should be split already.

Oh, and I appreciate the effort, I do - but that sounded strange, tervetuloa is a greeting like welcome in english, but what you probably meant would translate to "Ole hyvä" -> Be good. :P
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

lurkalot

Would pay to split the last few posts into its own topic I guess.

But I will just add, that Coppermine demo is version 1.5 and you'd be better using 1.6 especially if you use php 7  ;)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

lurkalot

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 11, 2019, 01:21:51 PM
Well, how about Coppermine bridged with SMF for example. Completely doable, coppermine even has a Curve replica theme for this.
Coppermine is also very much alive, and supported - just got an update in december actually.
I know, because I run a Coppermine gallery bridged with my 2.0.15.

Just out of interest.  What version of Coppermine are you running?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

CPG 1.5.x
And yes, that is me admitting I've been lazy and haven't updated to the latest package yet.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

lurkalot

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 12, 2019, 01:51:09 AM
CPG 1.5.x
And yes, that is me admitting I've been lazy and haven't updated to the latest package yet.

Well not really if it's working ok for you, though you'll need to when moving up to php7.x.  Also your plugins or themes might not yet be compatible with 1.6.x yet which is something you'd need to check before upgrading.  We've updated quite a few of them so far.  If there's one you use which hasn't been updated then drop a request, I'm sure one of the dev team will update it.

Got to admit, the upgrade process was always a major chore in the past, but now made a lot easier using the cpg_installer_stub, it's done in seconds now without having to do it all manually.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yeah, I haven't been in a hurry to jump ship - 1.5 is working fine for me so far :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: