News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Switch from 1.1.21 to 2.0.15 with Upgrade from SQL 4 to SQL 5

Started by trth, January 15, 2019, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

My login is saved until I close browser (it's configured that way).  I'm not seeing the problem.  Looking at your screenshots, if you're logged out, login fields should always come up empty.  You have to fill them in every time, but once you're logged in, you should stay logged in until you logout or browser clears the cookie.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

trth

oh ok I got it.

In the old version (1.1.14) the credentials were saved - when I bootet my PC in the morning and went to the board I was logged in automatically once I allowed cookies to be saved on my computer.

It works now...?  :o

Sir Osis of Liver

You should still be logged in next day if you haven't cleared the browser.  Should go directly to main index, not login.  If you are using private browsing, cookies will clear when you close browser, and you'll have to login again, but I don't recall 1.1.x ever loading login window with user/pw fields already filled.

I've prettied up urls (again) with repair_settings, double login/logout (referring url error) appears to be fixed.  Try not to change anything, let it run for a day or two, see how it is.  Old databases can sometimes be a bit squirrelly.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

trth

I promise not to change anything but to make a backup of the DB! *swear*

Thank you so much, I learned a lot the last days and I am really, really thankful for you time and your patience!  :)

trth

So it´s me again after a couple of days - all runs smooth as far as I can see  :)

One question: I always have about 30-40 "guests" sneaking around though I tool all the rights away in the board.

What can I do against this? These are all just spambots from east europe...

Kindred

you can't do anything...   and they are not "sneaking around"

If you have permissions locked down so that guests can not read, then they are not even seeing anything.

The Who's Online list just lists the connections and the URLs that the connection has called... it has no logic to determine if they SEE the contents of the URL.

for example, you might see Guest is viewing admin -- that does nto mean that the guest is SEEING the admin screen... it just means that they attempted to view the url index.php/action=admin
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

trth

oh ok, thank you - I didn´t know that.

I was just wondering because in "who´s online" they were partially looking at veeery old posts - so I have no idea how they might have gotten the direct URL to try to attempt to look around there.

Advertisement: