News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

HTTPS Conversion Issue

Started by TechXPlays, January 17, 2019, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechXPlays

So I'm having a small issue with my SMF 2.0.15 forum. Following the tutorial for the HTTPS conversion yields a bug I didn't expect.

I followed the tutorial exactly as it should but I'm running into an issue replying to threads and creating new posts. Shoutbox from SimplePortal still works, login works, log out works. Creating a thread and responding to a thread are dead. When you click the "post" button, it just takes you to the "create a new thread" screen and its blank. Everything you typed is gone.

All I did was add the htaccess code to force HTTPS (which I do have a certificate for, it came with my hosting) and that's when the issue started. I'm still running without https on my site so it stays usable.

vbgamer45

Do you have pretty urls enabled is go to the settings and update pretty urls root.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TechXPlays

can't believe I forgot about that..... Noob mistake lol and I've been using SMF for years

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: