News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Questions about manually patching my way to 2.0.15

Started by Grammy, January 19, 2019, 06:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

I've just finished manually patching from 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 (because of so many mods, etc) and things seem fine.  I intend to patch my way to 2.0.15.  I have two questions before I commence the manual edits for 2.0.13 and beyond. 

1.)  When I reach 2.0.15 is it necessary to update the database, or have there been no table changes from 2.0.11 to 2.0.15?

2.)  (This is something I've seen in an upcoming .xml file):  If a particular "find string" is only called for once in a file, but a search for it reveals that it occurs more than once in the file (and with nothing around it that clearly defines which string is wanted) is the rule of thumb to only edit the first string encountered in the file and leave the other matching lines of text as they are, with no edit?

Thank you. 

Arantor

There are no table changes in anything between 2.0.11 and 2.0.15.

The code will find the first match that matches only.

Also note that 2.0.14 brought a new version requirement for PHP - namely, 2.0.14 requires PHP 5.4 or above, and that you may need to patch your theme as well as any portal you may have.

Grammy

I'm currently at 5.6 but set my server's domains to 7.0 and, of course, broke the forum, so I reset everything back to 5.6 until I can get the forum to its current version and then I'll try that again.   :)

Thanks for the explanation about encountering duplicate "find" strings; doing it manually makes me second-guess everything. 

Advertisement: