News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Additional information on registration page

Started by pocttopus, January 18, 2019, 08:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

Hello folks,

I want to add one more field to be required as additional information on registration page and that is birthday date.
How can I add this field?

Thanks.  :)

Deaks

You could just use the custom fields that are default on SMF instead of installing a mod
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

pocttopus

Thanks folks for your response, you are very kind.
I think the mod has finished the job.
Secondly how can I add location field which is additional information to be required too?  :-\

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Arantor on January 18, 2019, 09:50:43 AM
Birthday date is a core field though.

That's what I thought, but apparently it's not included in registration, only in profile, and if you add it as custom field it wouldn't get picked up by calendar.

Quote from: pocttopus on January 18, 2019, 11:14:55 AM
Secondly how can I add location field which is additional information to be required too?

Admin -> Core Features -> Advanced Profile Fields - enable it.  Then you'll see Admin -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

@Sir Osis of Liver thanks for your response too, you are very kind but I have more issues now.  :-\

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 18, 2019, 11:57:40 AM
Quote from: Arantor on January 18, 2019, 09:50:43 AM
Birthday date is a core field though.

That's what I thought, but apparently it's not included in registration, only in profile, and if you add it as custom field it wouldn't get picked up by calendar.
True, I am not able to add fields as dates, only numeric or text field/textbox which is a lot different from birthday on the profile page.

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 18, 2019, 11:57:40 AM
Secondly how can I add location field which is additional information to be required too?

Admin -> Core Features -> Advanced Profile Fields - enable it.  Then you'll see Admin -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields.
I tried this and Location is checked but that is not enough to be required field. It is only additional information on registration and displayed to the profile pages.

Sir Osis of Liver

Show on Registration: - set to 'yes, and require entry'.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

Active and Show on Registration are both checked but yet members can register without filling that field.

Sir Osis of Liver

Show on Registration is not a checkbox, it's a dropmenu, you have to select Yes, and require entry to make it a required field.

- R. Waters

pocttopus

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's a bit of an odd exception, and honestly I do not know why. But birthday is not among the options.
There is this though, Birthdate On Registration

The dropdown with "no", "yes" and "yes and require entry" - are on the page where you create a new custom field.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

pocttopus

Thanks @Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen for your response too, but @Sir Osis of Liver was referring to "Location"setting to be required on registration.

Thanks folks for your response, you are very kind.
I think the mod has finished the job.
Secondly how can I add location field which is additional information to be required too?  :-\

Mod Birthday On Registration is installed and working properly.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: