News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Setting up SMF forum on VPS.

Started by xenemyx, January 20, 2019, 10:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenemyx

Hello guys,I'm actually new here and I'm new with stuff like VPS (windows) and SMF. I got VPS and I'm wondering would it be possible to set up SMF forum on it,I assume I will need to get a subdomain or something to make my forum visible for others. The question is is it possible? Could anyone leave a guide for this with basic steps?

vbgamer45

As long as you have php mysql installed  you can do it. I normally setup apache on windows but you can work with IIS as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

1st and foremost...  if you are asking this sort of basic question, then you should NOT be using the beta (or even the RC) version 2.1

you should be using the stable (2.0.15) version
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: