How to get ReCAPTCHA to work in SMF 2.1 ?

Started by landyvlad, January 21, 2019, 06:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

I accessed the forum using as https link.

I was able to click the recaptcha and get the tick.

As you can see though there is still a : where there should be a question (1) and a blank response field (2)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: landyvlad on January 23, 2019, 07:22:50 PM
About 12 hours ago I updated my test forum with latest nightly from  https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.20

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on January 24, 2019, 12:46:16 AM
Quote from: landyvlad on January 23, 2019, 07:30:12 PM
Ok well I've marked this as "not solv4ed" because 12 hours ago I upgraded my test forum to the latest nightly version, and this behaviour is continuing to occur:

Type of error: Undefined

8: Undefined offset: 1
http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php?action=signup2
/home/gsxowner/public_html/test21forum/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (Line 252)

Today at 03:49 am
836e3a79517b027159d4b69246cb05ac

Type of error: Undefined

8: Undefined offset: 1
http://www.gsx1400owners.org/test21forum/index.php?action=signup2
/home/gsxowner/public_html/test21forum/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (Line 251) 

If you are still getting references to lines 251 and 252, then you are not using the latest version from GitHub.

My guess is that albertlast's nightly build hadn't yet incorporated the latest changes by the time you downloaded.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

albertlast

reason why i recommand to provide the last_commit_* file name,
so that person from the support know which github version is used.

Also in this version it's important when you provide bugs,
which "version" you use ther for you find a file in the root called "last_commit_<version>" exp: last_commit_de7e49,
so when you open a bug/issue/request provide this number or even better update first to last version.

Sesquipedalian

I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

landyvlad

OK just upgraded and can confirm that - as at Last Commit 4fa7e97  - Recaptcha (v2) in combination with the security questions, is working perfectly !

Sesquipedalian

I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

TurtleKicker

This seemed the best thread to ask this question:

Is there a technical issue that prevents reCaptcha v3 from being used in SMF 2.1? It seems it would be preferable, as it's less annoying to users.

Or is there something undesirable regarding v3 resulting in a deliberate choice to not use it and only support v2?

Just curious. I have it (v2) working at the moment. Thanks!

live627

I wrote and tested it for v2, the latest at the time.

landyvlad

annoying to users? Ticking one box?

If that annoys them to much they'd probably never post in a forum anyway....

Advertisement: