News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Question About Switching Themes

Started by TechXPlays, January 21, 2019, 11:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechXPlays

So, I recently found a theme I like more than my current one and I want to switch to it... problem is I already have 42 mods installed on my forum from day one when I started the forum. I installed the theme I wanted originally first, then installed all the mods I wanted/found that I liked.

Switching to the new theme that I just added today, is there an easier way (without going 1 by 1 uninstall mod, reinstall mod) to switch themes and get the modifications moved to the new theme I added?

I'm on 2.0.15
Link is: hxxp:1320challenge.com [nonactive]

Looking

Look for all the mods that install to the template files of the new theme and add the edits that way.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Steve,

Even that can get complicated... especially if your mods use hooks.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the mods is probably the best solution....

looking through the mods for template file edits and manually applying them to the new theme is the second best solution (but doing this, you must remember, will NOT automatically uninstall the mod if your remove the mod later)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: