News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Guest permission issue

Started by Black Tiger, January 21, 2019, 07:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Tiger

Hello.

I'm administering 2 forums running on SMF 2.0.15.
By accident i discovered something odd, an issue with the permissions.

On both forums, the only thing selected on the permissions for guest are the "view contact page" and "view calendar".
We did not select the:
1.) View forum statistics -> but are visible for guests
2.) View memberlists and groups -> working as designed so not visible
3.) View Who's Online -> visible for guests
4.) Search for Posts and Topics -> not visible.

As you can see, 1 and 3 are visible to guests on both 2.0.15 forums, while they should not be visible like 2 and 4 because they are not selected.

Any clues to this? Or how to fix this?
Greetings, Black Tiger

aegersz

i have no idea but perhaps you can try to actually change guest permissions to allow all 4 and maybe another one and then take away the last permission and then another (one by one).

see if anything changes.

i always blame stuff like a weird caching issue because it's an easy one and is always mostly wrong. ;)
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

view contact page is not a default permission, may be a badly coded mod causing you some issues.

Black Tiger

We indeed have both a Contact Page v3.2 mod present.
I had the notification option on, but don't remember to have had updates because now it's v5.0.

I'll try to disable this mod and see if this changes things.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Black Tiger

@aegerz: Tried that after uninstalling the contact page mod but that did not help, but thank you for thinking with me.

@Illori: It was not the contact page mod, I uninstalled it and still it does not work.
These are current mods installed:
"Last edit" mod 0.2.5
Like Posts 2.1
GDPR Helper 1.0.4
Birthday On Register
Child Board Removal
My Posts SMF2 1.2
Project Snow 1.2
SMF 2.0.15 Update 1.0
Redirection Topics 1.0.3
Greetings, Black Tiger

Advertisement: