News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Template parse error!

Started by OlssoN, January 23, 2019, 02:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlssoN

I have just installed SMF Forum and everything is working fine until im trying to switch theme. I get the following error:

Quote"Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/Karanlik-Lord/languages/ThemeStrings.english.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected 'global' (T_GLOBAL)"

Please help.

vbgamer45

Attach
Karanlik-Lord/languages/ThemeStrings.english.ph
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

OlssoN

vbgamer45

That file looks ok. Try disabling evaluation of templates under server settings and trying again.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

OlssoN

That made the whole forum go down :3

vbgamer45

See if you can you can add ?id_theme=1 to your url

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

OlssoN

That works.
I've also tried with two different themes and the same error appears.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

OlssoN

QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/Speedy/languages/ThemeStrings.english.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected '$txt' (T_VARIABLE)

Yes it is the same

Shambles

What SMF version are you running?

Kindred

What mods do you have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

OlssoN

Kindred

It seems unlikely that EVERY theme which you upload would have the same sort of problem in the same file...

This can not be reproduced on a clean install of 2.01.5.
I just installed 24 themes and had no issues....

So, the conclusion is that you made some edits, somewhere in your code.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

OlssoN

Just downloaded a new theme AGAIN to see if the other ones i used was something wrong with.
And now it worked.
So i must have been unlucky with the other themes i tried.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help.

br360

Just out of curiosity, were you trying to install themes designed for say SMF version 1.x?

If so, make sure you are only installing themes that will work for 2.0.x

OlssoN

All themes i tired supported my version of smf

Advertisement: