News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Suggest "Topic Solved" mod for SMF 2.1

Started by landyvlad, January 23, 2019, 07:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

The Topic Solved mod is a great one and obviously very useful for the SMF support forums !

I'm hoping that someone will take up the baton and develop them mod (or one that does the same thing) for SMF 2.1

Please :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Bigguy

Arantor

That's not a big mod, but you'd want to rewrite it for 2.1 to make less file edits.

Bigguy

Well, to me when I parsed it it looked big, lol.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

If you treat edits as units, sure, but I don't necessarily think of them as atomic units. One edit to add one line is a very different beast to one edit that rewrites a large chunk of stuff...

Kindred

hmmm... ok, interesting philosophical choice.

linguistically, though...

you make AN edit, right? That edit might be one line or a chunk...
If you touch multiple parts of the code, those are multiple edits.
You can edit (verb) the file once, to perform one or multiple edits (noun)
by adding an s, you have now defined the noun edit as countable...

(because you can have fewer carS, but would have less traffic...  you can't have fewer traffics (grammatically speaking however, you CAN have less car - but that's a different matter, LOL)

so, less editing...  fewer edits...  :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

diegolyanky

And more functionality will be great.

Like, ...choose image to show in solved topics (as the icon)

...edit the text to show ( like SOLVED /// ANSWERED )

... modify the "SOLVED" vote... ( "UNSOLVED AGAIN" -- "broken again" )

And a little hand that gives me cold beer would be great!  ::)

SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

gevv

ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

Suki

Worked on a topic solved mod for 2.1: https://github.com/MissAllSunday/TopicSolved

The base is done but needs to be adjusted to get it to work with current 2.1 code
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

gevv

Thanks @Suki

I tried it and all pages show error after installation

QuoteFatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:/wamp64/www/smf/Sources/ohara/src/Suki/autoload.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp64\www\smf\Sources\TopicSolved.php on line 15
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

FredT

I posted in Github issues as well. (Sorry, I am a noob in php :) ) But it seems the Github mod is the only "Topic Solved Mod" I can get to work with fms 2.1.1

Questions:

I try to find the settings for "Whenever a topic is marked as solved, the topic will also be locked."
    I can not see the settings in the admin menu.

I try to add a TopicSolved.german.php in my language folder. Any hints how to activate the german language?
    I could provide the translation also.

Thank you

Kindred

AFAIK, locking after solved has never been part of tge mod
Слaва
Украинi

FredT

Quote from: Kindred on May 04, 2022, 05:07:45 AMAFAIK, locking after solved has never been part of tge mod

I was wondering cause the option is in the english language file:

$txt['TopicSolved_lockTopicWhen_sub'] = 'Chose which user can trigger locking a topic when marked as solved, options are:
<br>- '. $txt['TopicSolved_lockTopic_op'] .'. The topic will be locked only if the Original Poster marked the topic as solved
<br>- '. $txt['TopicSolved_lockTopic_staff'] .'. The topic will be locked only if someone marked as staff mark the topic as solved.
$txt['TopicSolved_lockTopic'] = 'Lock the topic when marked as solved';
and so on

Suki

The mod was made during early RC stages or even before, I cannot remember. Chances are it won't work at all with 2.1 codebase or needs to be refactored. Will have to take a look at it but free time has become a scarce luxury these days :(
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Advertisement: