News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

More Genders

Started by Jeremy M., January 29, 2019, 01:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

You can disable core Gender in Admin -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 30, 2019, 10:33:22 PM
You can disable core Gender in Admin -> Features and Options -> Profile Fields.

Awesome!  Thanks so much! 

delta5

Just curious, other than Male and female, what other genders are there?

Kindred

male, female, agender, trans-male, trans-female, non-binary, gender fluid, gender queer....   there are probably others, but those are ones that I know people identifying as.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: delta5 on January 31, 2019, 02:03:35 PM

Don't worry, it's one of those "liberal" things.

Kindred

actually, it's one of the "science" things....  but sure, I'm ok with linking science with liberalism. :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Kindred on January 31, 2019, 02:07:09 PM
male, female, agender, trans-male, trans-female, non-binary, gender fluid, gender queer....   there are probably others, but those are ones that I know people identifying as.
Don't forget about attack helicopter and honey badger, you need to be inclusive.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on January 31, 2019, 04:04:06 PM
actually, it's one of the "science" things.

Actually, it's one of those "personal" things. and imo should be kept that way.

- R. Waters

LiroyvH

Please let's not have that discussion, it's nice to have at least one place where these discussions are not being brought up constantly. :) OP's issue has been resolved by the looks of it, if you insist on having this discussion (in a civil manner), please scroll your asses over to Chit Chat and open a topic there. ;) Thanks.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: CoreISP on January 31, 2019, 05:03:18 PM
Please let's not have that discussion, it's nice to have at least one place where these discussions are not being brought up constantly. :) OP's issue has been resolved by the looks of it, if you insist on having this discussion (in a civil manner), please scroll your asses over to Chit Chat and open a topic there. ;) Thanks.
Damn you CoreISP, another gruesome image has been added to memory.

* Gwen probably tried too hard to imagine how do you scroll asses
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Arantor

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Jeremy M.

Quote from: delta5 on January 31, 2019, 02:03:35 PM

Just curious. . Why are there people like you that have to be such -snip-? Leave us Transgender People alone. We aren't hurting you. Let us be happy with who we are. You don't see us bothering you or making snarky remarks about anyone.

LiroyvH

I think it was a genuine question, not an attempt at a snarky remark. Can't expect everybody to know everything. :)
This is clearly a sensitive matter that quickly derails. As requested before, if people feel the need to discuss this subject: please open a topic in the Chit Chat.

Thanks again.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Advertisement: