News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Sticky post

Started by bwceo, January 29, 2019, 10:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwceo

Hello guys!

I'm using Zone99 and I have a problem.

I changed some things for Sticky posts. When I go and press on Make this a Sticky post i want the post in the board to change a color (like on the second picture) . IDK how to explain. Look at the pictures

This is  the color rgba(189, 189, 189, 0.2)

Here are the codes
$stickybar = false;
$normalbar = false;
foreach($context['topics'] as $topic)
{
if($topic['is_sticky'] && !$stickybar)
{
echo'<tr class="titlebg" height="20"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '">Vazne teme</td></tr>';
$stickybar = true;
}
else if(!$topic['is_sticky'] && $stickybar && !$normalbar)
{
echo'<tr class="titlebg" height="20"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '7' : '8', '">Obicne teme</td></tr>';
$normalbar = true;
}

Thanks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

In most themes, there is already a defined separate css for a sticky, so you should be able to do this a whole lot easier if you took a look at the existing code, and your existing css.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 29, 2019, 10:41:52 AM
In most themes, there is already a defined separate css for a sticky, so you should be able to do this a whole lot easier if you took a look at the existing code, and your existing css.
It's actually curious that many themes seem to completely forget about it. And the locked topic background. But the class and default code for it should still be there for most of them, either way. You just have to change the colors in the css.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I've noticed - and fixed many of those for my own forum. It's irritating that theme authors just "forget" about them.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

That theme appears to have hard-coded text as well.... naughty author.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 29, 2019, 10:44:49 AM
I've noticed - and fixed many of those for my own forum. It's irritating that theme authors just "forget" about them.

that's due to lack of testing, the software is full of options and settings, one has to try everything to make sure all is good however I've noticed that most themes only customize the obvious and general parts and leave the details untouched.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Oh, now that I remembered where that name was so familiar from - I'm fairly sure that theme is not available anymore, and hasn't been in ages. I hope you bought it legit when it was...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

bwceo

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on January 29, 2019, 10:41:52 AM

Well, I went to the CSS file, found the sticky class, changed the color but its not working :(

/* Sticky topics get a different background */
.stickybg
{
background: rgba(189, 189, 189, 0.2);
}
.stickybg2
{
background: rgba(189, 189, 189, 0.2);
}

SychO

you have to hard refresh your page to clear the browser cache (CTRL+F5)
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

bwceo

Quote from: SychO on January 29, 2019, 11:18:43 AM

Yep. Still not working :3

Mick.

Quote from: Petrov2g on January 29, 2019, 11:21:18 AM

You need to clear your browser cookies if F5 doesnt work.

bwceo

Quote from: Mick. on January 29, 2019, 11:23:22 AM
Quote from: Petrov2g on January 29, 2019, 11:21:18 AM

You need to clear your browser cookies if F5 doesnt work.

Already tried, incognito and on my other laptop,   :(

Gwenwyfar

The theme might be overriding these colors somewhere else. Try adding an !important before the semicolon. If that still doesn't work it is likely something else that it has changed, you'll need to find out what.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Mick.

On IE, use F5. On iMac, use Command + R. In Chrome, under more tools, use Clear browsing data. If that doesnt work, there may be a chance you made the edit in the wrong css.file

Mick.

Yup, like this.... background: rgba(189, 189, 189, 0.2) !important;

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Just a quick FYI, as this is a Dziner Studio premium theme - I will no longer provide support on issues related to the theme, unless the OP can show me they obtained it legally from Dziner Studio.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Which would be unlikely as DS closed some time ago.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Arantor on January 29, 2019, 11:37:34 AM
Which would be unlikely as DS closed some time ago.
Exactly.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: