Need a "form template" for information

Started by Jeremy M., February 04, 2019, 04:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy M.

Ok, so i'm gonna try to explain this the best as I possibly can. My girlfriend and I have a wolf role-playing forum. This is what i've been working on the past several days.  What we are wanting to do is create a form, that we can code into a message that has

Name of Wolf
Fur Color
Mates
Details

Instead of just having it all wrote out in a regular post.  I hope that makes sense. I know admins can use actual HTML. It's just her and me on the forum anyway. We've disabled registrations until everything is set up.

Arantor

Kindred

Yep, I think that the forms mod is a better fit.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279

I use it to collect pre-formed site issue reports and put them in the admin section
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on February 04, 2019, 02:26:21 PM
Yep, I think that the forms mod is a better fit.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279

I use it to collect pre-formed site issue reports and put them in the admin section

Thanks, Kindred. I posted on the mod support thread, but i'ma post it here just in case noone sees it over there: These errors are what I get when I install the mod.

Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $nul in /storage/ssd4/929/1691929/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2705

Also get

Field 'title' doesn't have a default value
File: /storage/ssd4/929/1691929/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php
Line: 2533

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You were also already provided with a solution I have posted earlier ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 10, 2019, 07:09:28 AM

And where would that be? 

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Alexa Lynne on February 13, 2019, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on February 10, 2019, 07:09:28 AM

And where would that be? 

On the same page with your question, a bit earlier. And linked to again, right after your question.
In the mod's support topic.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: